ERC 0216 heads...

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

ERC 0216 heads...

Post by The Original Tom »

Just discovered the spare pair of heads I have lying in the garage and jotted down the head numbers - ERC 0216
I had obtained them with a view to porting them but thought I'd never had the time to do it. I sold them on ebay for £15 but the guy never came to collect them (and he posted me the cash to! :lol: ) so I think enough time has passed that if he suddenly realises, I can tell him to go swivel :twisted:

Any way - they have no cut-outs so aren't the EFi type.

My question is - is it worth it? Are they the big-valve types (obviously not 4.6 size)?
If they're small valves I won't bother, but the necks look pretty big. I measured the inlets at 34.5mm and the exhausts at 28.5mm give or take.

It's going to need a bit of work putting into them to get them to be runners, (really covered in crap) and the faces will need a skim as there's some scratching, so if they're just going to choke me up, ported or otherwise then I'll just re-sell them.

My current heads have the cut-outs for EFi and were fitted to my original donor engine, although this was running strombergs. These are also marked ERC 0216

A lot of questions I know, but I'm sure there's at least one learned soul on here that can point me in the right direction...

Cheers
Tom.

Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

x.l.r.8

Post by x.l.r.8 »

There was little difference in hte heads other than the early p5-6 items, the 0216's are pretty much what everyone would want to start with at least. also a matching pair would also be a bonus. from there the earlier castings were done when they had lots more metal available so had more meat waround the ports, generally found in 4x4's and exports, the US engine weighed some 80lbs more then the UK counterpart. OK you can stop yawning now. Yes I would set to work with a grinder on those, after 10 hours you will have stage 2 heads almost. cut back around the valve seat, you can feel it with your finger, and then work on the roofs as thats where the restriction is, maybe think about cathedreal porting the outlets as you will get a greater velocoty although you cannot go as large. Then you can have the hard stuff done somewhere else (pedestels for spring platforms and valve guides installed and heights set). But what valves are you thinking of using?
Yes it's a Porsche and yes, it should sound like that!

The Original Tom
Getting There
Getting There

Post by The Original Tom »

Good to hear the heads aren't a pile of poop!
I have no idea what valves I'd be using - standard ones I guess from a Land Rover parts dealer. Does it make that much difference?
I can't see me using anything but standard rocker assemblies either - being a student a disposable income is a thing of dreams!
Rover 3.5 V8 landy - Completely rebuilt and purring... Now awaiting a good tune!!

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

http://www.v-8.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133
that will give you some idea on whats what with the heads mate.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”