Injector bargin

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

You don't want the ACT plenum, you want to use the supercharger thenyou can sell the ACT plenum to me! Then I can stop p**sing about with fabricating my own!
ihatesissycars wrote:I have 8 33lb/h red bosch injectors which i got with my ACT plenum which cost the guy i got the lot for over £600.

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

that sounds like a great idea, then I could buy those 33lb/hr injectors off Gav, and Adams near-finished plenum! :lol:

ihatesissycars
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by ihatesissycars »

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . . . . . . NO!

Adam, you're not using yer noggin, why bother with a plenum when all you need to do is bolt a supercharger in its place! You know it makes sense :wink:
V8'less but a fountain of dorky knowledge ref v8's!

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

I like to see where I am driving and my chassis is rated at maximum 330BHP.
ihatesissycars wrote:Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. . . . . . . . . . NO!

Adam, you're not using yer noggin, why bother with a plenum when all you need to do is bolt a supercharger in its place! You know it makes sense :wink:

pitsnow
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by pitsnow »

adamnreeves wrote:You don't want the ACT plenum, you want to use the supercharger thenyou can sell the ACT plenum to me! Then I can stop p**sing about with fabricating my own!
ihatesissycars wrote:I have 8 33lb/h red bosch injectors which i got with my ACT plenum which cost the guy i got the lot for over £600.
If you ask Tim from Act he may sell you the Westfield plenum without trottle body in basic form. That should be in the 300 GBP region if I remember correctly.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

so morale of the story is never just half the dollar rate. Sometimes stuff will creep in under the radar, sometimes you will get stung to varying degrees.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

Yea - we had a brake kit imported from Austrailia - by the time it was here and landed, it'd doubled in price......Still, good VFM and worth getting hold of but a tad irritating :lol:

alex
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by alex »

I had a few bits delivered it seems the post office have a handling charge for pasing the box over the counter to you :(
Fedex or UPS dont seem to have it.
I have a allot of stuff from jegs and they always seem expensive with shipping.
I know have accel 48lb injectors spare good
Venom 55lb injectors spare and crap
ended up with bosch 75lb I think they are.
my engine gained 35lb torque and runs much smoother with the bosch ones in.
Be carefull with them.
Alex

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

alex wrote: ended up with bosch 75lb I think they are.
my engine gained 35lb torque and runs much smoother with the bosch ones in.
I would only use bosch myself anyway. 75lb/hr for an 8 cyclinder is enough for 1000 BHP apparently. :shock:

Lewis
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Lewis »

I was thinking - are there no suitable alternatives off high-po four cylinders (i.e. buy two complete sets) in pintle style......I was thinking along the lines of SR20DET or CA18DET engines from Nissans. Trip to the scrappy might be required.

Are there any common disadvantages to using overtly large injectors for your application - i.e. something like those 75lb ones on a 3.5 - total overkill (aware of that) but would it actually cause problems?

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

Lewis wrote:I was thinking - are there no suitable alternatives off high-po four cylinders (i.e. buy two complete sets) in pintle style......I was thinking along the lines of SR20DET or CA18DET engines from Nissans. Trip to the scrappy might be required.

Are there any common disadvantages to using overtly large injectors for your application - i.e. something like those 75lb ones on a 3.5 - total overkill (aware of that) but would it actually cause problems?

yes overly large injectors is not good. Quoted from http://www.megamanual.com/v22manual/minj.htm#size

"Injectors that have too large a flow rating will make it difficult to tune the engine at idle and cruise. Injectors that have too small a flow rating can starve the engine of fuel at full power, and seriously damage your engine."

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Lewis wrote: Are there any common disadvantages to using overtly large injectors for your application - i.e. something like those 75lb ones on a 3.5 - total overkill (aware of that) but would it actually cause problems?
Depending on the ecu and or the injector opening time you might not be able to control the injectors at low rpm I.E their minimum fuel flow might be too high. This can lead to rich low rpm at best or not running at worst.

alex
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by alex »

On my engine we were taking the 48lb to 70% duty at 4000rpm.
So I already bought the 55lb one and we tried these.
the engine ran real lumpy testfiring them one was only doing half the job :cry:
the dyno place had a injector cleaner and balancer. they were supposed to be matched to=/-1% try =/- 30%
hence why we ended up with the 75lb's. these are low impedance but we use a motec ecu which drives them on a square wave pattern and is much more precise than hi impedance. we got an instant 30lb torque at the same given rpm. :D
I think having the injectors tested is a good investment, cheaper than a new piston :!:
If this seems to be away from subject the 55lb injectors came from usa all brand new It'll cost more to return them and mess around with credit card refunds than the difference between buying new ones here.
Alex

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

How do you work out the poundage to metric measuring of the injectors,
I have used injectors from a 328 BMW, They support 285hp and never run above 70% duty cycle
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

adamnreeves
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by adamnreeves »

1 lb/hr = 10.5 cc/min

ian.stewart wrote:How do you work out the poundage to metric measuring of the injectors,
I have used injectors from a 328 BMW, They support 285hp and never run above 70% duty cycle

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”