fitting edelbrock manifold?

General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

speedy s

fitting edelbrock manifold?

Post by speedy s »

hi guys i am fitting my edelbrock manifold and holley over the week end! but havent sussed out coolant system yet can any one help!
its on an p6 early engine (1975)!
my problem is that on the
origonal manifold at the front of engine there is the rad hose outlet and 2 smaller hose connection (1 in manifold 1 to metal pipe)from water pump but on edel there is rad outlet and 1 smaller out let!!!(metal pipe only)
what do i do with spare hose connection from water pump??

any help asap would be appreciated!!
regards steven

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

I did run the Edelbrock manifold for several years on our RV8 and I think you you'll have the wrong thermostat housing at the momend.

One hose connection on the pump still goes to the metal pipe between your intakemanifold and engine and from there to your heater system.

The other conection still goes to your thermostathousing like the stock intake and from the back of your Edelbrock intake to your heater system.

If your present thermostat housing has only one big outlet for the rad hose you'll have the wrong one. There should be one small bypass conection below that big outlet.

Real Steel can suplie you with the correct one. I thought it was the Offy one I used on our Edelbrock intake.

speedy s

Post by speedy s »

thanks mate just purchased correct part!
now i no how to get 3 pipes into 2!!!
regards steven

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”