General Chat About Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel Systems And Intake

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

john 215
Getting There
Getting There

What Pump

Post by john 215 »

Hi Ladies And Gents,
Have read a number of posts relating to Holley and Facet pumps.The question is 'What do you run, are you happy with it and any problems with either make.
Leaning towards Holley,but then do i run Red or Blue (using a webber 500 on a 'breathed upon 4.6' in a TR7).
Any thoughts would be appreceiated.
Cheers John

LIVE LIFE A QUARTER OF A MILE AT A TIME.

JP.
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by JP. »

I am running a Facet Red Top with a King filter (adjustable) to feed the Holley on my blow'n 3.5 .
The king filter did the trick with the Facet pump to get a stable fuel pressure.
Facet pump is in the back of the car, King filter is in the engine bay(with a fuel pressure gauge). Pressure is set at 6psi.

By my experiance the Facet pumps are sort of on/of pumps while Holley's pumps are free flow pumps. If the floats in the carbs are closed the Facet did stop pumping while the Holley pump just started to freeflow.
If the carb needed fuel again there was some sort of fuel pressure pike with the Facet pump wich my Holley carb didn't like. In my case the King filter solved all the problems I had with the Facet pump, and while I was already running the Facet pump a king filter was cheaper than buying a new Holley pump and it has a washable fuelfilter too.

toughy V8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by toughy V8 »

get a holley, red top should run fine with your set up i would think. facets are a nightmare because they they dont last five minutes,and there really noisy. ive been through two in the last year, and its no fun when your on the side of the road wacking the crap out of it to get it to work again

Return to “Exhaust, Cylinder Heads, Fuel And Intake Area”