Can you justify the price!!!!!!!!

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

tetlow
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Can you justify the price!!!!!!!!

Post by tetlow »

I took Moss's catalogue into the restaurant this evening, :oops: (Yeh I know but after12 x 12hr days in Russia!!!!!!!) and saw a roller rocker conversion for the V8 for £1750.

I would put a pound to a penny for £1750 there would be zillions or more V8 aficionados out there who for that princely sum would supply me with a very nice complete motor that would benefit me more than a solid roller rocked set.
:D :D :D :D
Dave

1973 MGBGT
1975 MGB V8

I thought I could see the light at the end of the tunnel but it turns out it was a train comming!!

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Page 52,
http://www.taperformance.com/PAGES%20PD ... D2_WEB.pdf

These are real roller rockers, not just roller tip rockers, they are the same as Kenne Bell rollers, as TA performance bought the rights to what appears to be the KB Buick side of the business,
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

tetlow
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by tetlow »

Are they worth £1750?

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Nope, Not at that price, Must be aimed at To-sers with far too much money
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

There have been many interesting rocker set ups developed over the years for the Rover V8. Most of them have utilised pieces originally developed for chevy/ford/chrysler engines. Without doubt the best I have seen is the YT6305 rocker system from Yella Terra. Designed from the outset for the Rover V8 they feature an ally cradle that the rocker shafts sits in. NINE(!) caps hold the shaft in place, 4 bolted all the way through using the original mounting holes in the head, the other five bolting to the cradle itself. The roller tipped arms run on needle bearings themselves as opposed to bushes and are positively located without the use of springs or bushes in between the arms. These are the closest thing you can get to a Jesel valvetrain for the rover engine. As you can see mine are still wrapped at the mo and yet to find their way onto my engine. So what did I pay for them? Well I got a good deal that the current owner of the UK stock may or may not be able to offer again but let's just say I could've bought TWO sets for £1750 and still had enough change to buy a new cam and an inlet etc.. Makes me think whatever Moss have in stock they can't justify £1750 for it.

Nice aren't they? :D

TVRleigh
Getting There
Getting There

Post by TVRleigh »

Ummm very nice,

Can you post the link to the UK stockist. or part numbers

Thanks
Leigh
Current V8 car TVR 400SE 240 BHP
Current Project TVR Tasmin Race, with 3.9 running at 230 BHP
Currently building a 4.6 300 BHP Xbolted Engine for it. Solid Lifters and Group A rockers, Stange 4 heads, Pocketed piston, fully balanced.

HairbearTE
Guru
Guru

Post by HairbearTE »

The part number is YT6305 and I bought them last year when Grantura engineering bought the stock from the original UK importers. Give Mike at Grantura a call and see if he can do you a deal.

350matt

Post by 350matt »

ian.stewart wrote:Page 52,
http://www.taperformance.com/PAGES%20PD ... D2_WEB.pdf

These are real roller rockers, not just roller tip rockers, they are the same as Kenne Bell rollers, as TA performance bought the rights to what appears to be the KB Buick side of the business,
I like the look of these Ian but which ones are suitable?
As the engines listed are the 350, 430 and 455 buick engines no sign of a 215 in there. I'll tka eyour word for it if you say the 350 stuff is comaptible or does it need any mods?

Ta
Matt

Wotland
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Wotland »

Hello, I had in the past Roller Rockers from Buick 350 modified to fit Rover V8 Heads. You need to use Rover Rocker shafts because Buick 350 uses different valve timing arrangement and rocker shaft pillar position. Other thing Buick 350 Roller rockers are little larger than Rover rockers so you need custom spacers and rocker shaft pillars.
Buick 350 Roller Rockers are not bronze bushed but needle roller bearing type and this rockers are designed to be used with hollow pushrods to supply oil.
http://php.landmania.com/forum/attachme ... 1160989414
http://php.landmania.com/forum/attachme ... 1160989604
http://php.landmania.com/forum/attachme ... 1160989811

Return to “Engines Area”