temperature sender threads

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

101v8

temperature sender threads

Post by 101v8 »

I've just rebuilt my landrover v8 and was wondering what the threads were for the oil and water temperature sender units. I was thinking of using some 'universal' gauges if the senders fit.
I've been told that the univesal ones are 18 gauge. Is this the same as the Rover 3.5L v8 manifold?

Thanks for your help
william

Paul B
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: temperature sender threads

Post by Paul B »

101v8 wrote:I've just rebuilt my landrover v8 and was wondering what the threads were for the oil and water temperature sender units. I was thinking of using some 'universal' gauges if the senders fit.
I've been told that the univesal ones are 18 gauge. Is this the same as the Rover 3.5L v8 manifold?

Thanks for your help
william
18 gauge? That's not a thread I've ever heard of. I know American aftermarket manifolds have NPT threads in, but I think UK ones will be BSP. Similar, but not close enough to interchange. Both are taper threads too.

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

I cant remember the thread size but half inch springs to mind. What I do know is that is isn't BSP or tapered, its a UN thread the same as the original Rover sender units.

101v8

Post by 101v8 »

Cheers for the replies.
I've never heard of the 18 gauge either, although the picture I've been sent of the sender looks similar to what it should look like.
I'll probably try it and return it if it doesn't fit.

william

Return to “Engines Area”