Help Needed !! Oil pipe Adaptor plug.......

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

simonb9

Help Needed !! Oil pipe Adaptor plug.......

Post by simonb9 »

Not too sure what its called but I need the plug and piece that hold the oil pressure pipe (from the oil gauge) to the engine block. I have a 1992 V8 that had a leak from this pipe but I couldn't tighten it anymore so I've taken it off, need to find another pronto !!

You might not understand what I mean but theres an adaptor that screws into the engine block and then an oil pipe that goes to the oil pressure gauge in the dash inserts into it. Another nut with an olive then screws into the adaptor holding the pipe in place.

I've been to 3 motor factors but they all shrugged their shoulders at me. Anybody what what I mean ??!! I need this pronto as I was going to take the car away for a little road trip but I'm stuck now !!

Regards,

Simon.

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Any shop that does gauges will be able to supply you one. Deamon thieves, Rally Design, Europa Spares, take your pick. Wouldn't surprise me if Halfrods can supply one either as they are Rip Speed distributors.

simonb9

Post by simonb9 »

Thanks forthe reply, tried halfords but they just looked at me blankly !!

I'll give some of the others you mentioned a ring today.

v8alex
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by v8alex »

Vehicle wiring products supply a number of threaded adaptors which might do the trick.

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

So does Think Automotive in Twickenham
http://www.thinkauto.com/

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Return to “Engines Area”