Forged Setup Advice

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Problem with relying on emails...whilst it is convenient for us the buyer, for the sellers it can be a nightmare. I'm sure they can get dozens if not hundreds of emails, so often they do just get either missed or overlooked.

I agree it shouldnt be that way, but it is. With them being local, no excuse really for not giving them a phone call.

You never know what info or parts might be available once you get chatting to someone. ( same applies to any vendors who might already have replied too )

9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Just mailed them again to see if I get a response back,
as I did mail them when the server was on a go slow and may of affected the mail side too.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Must of been a mail issue,

John just mailed me back £840 +vat for a set of Omegas (£1008 total minus delivery),
then need them fitting to my rods and lightening and balancing.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

That's also the problem with most UK suppliers...prices are crazy !

Give Dave at Performance Unlimited a shout, or find out the dimensions you need and source a similar alternative.

There is bound to be something off the shelf that can be used one way or another.

Have you had a chance to measure up what you need yet ?

ie bore, pin diameter, compression height ?
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

hi stevie
96mm from usa all in with taxes came in at £950, but that's custom built,

looking at a set of 305 chevy crowns now bore needs a slight bore but its an off the shelf piston which brings the cost down but think I need chevy rods too which may need the crank grinding to suit, which if it does then still cheaper than buying pistons here in the UK,

not had chance to measure as my set up is not here, its all at V8D still waiting for me to say what im going to do etc,
I may get the block faces done with what the deck heigh is once done and sent back, until I know whats going to happen with it,
at least it will be all here then etc. also with the deck height known can start working out pistons, deck height and head chambers to get the CR lower.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)

Boosted LS1
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Boosted LS1 »

I spent years looking for a 'drop in' piston and there isn't one imo. The nearest ones are chevy 305 or pinto 96mm. Both are cheap if you look in the right places but you'll need rod, bore or crank mods to use them. So, you may as well buy custom forgings and be done with it.

Some pinto pistons come with a D shaped dish which can easily be made full circle. Very useful for a 'blown' engine build as it'll get you a 21cc bowl ;-)

Return to “Engines Area”