RV8 auxiliary dizzy drive gear oil feed

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

SimpleSimon
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by SimpleSimon »

Someone on Ebay some time back was selling genuine Ford NOS 4x4 Cos calipers complete for £130 a pair to the door some time ago( I know cos I got some) I rang a Ford dealer at the time to check a new price (curiosity) storesman told me they was now obsolete but the price before going off line was £360 + the dreaded each :shock:

TVR Chimaera RV8 Mods & Megasquirt

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

DEVONMAN wrote:
ian.stewart wrote:One thing that is often omitted when putting the engine back together, it the steel thrower ring this is an important and effective way of getting oil onto the timing gears
I think the thrower was only used in early engines with cam driven mechanical fuel pumps and rope front seals. As far as I recall, the thrower will foul on the internal eyebrow over the seal on later rubber oil seal type front covers.

Long time no see Ian.

Regards Denis
Yep it is Den, become a hermit down on the south coast, still not allowed to work, 16 months now, my sofa has a good arse print built into it,
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

Muscle-Manta
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Muscle-Manta »

Done this mod a few years ago to try and prevent the excessive wear I was getting on the cam gear. However it didn't make a blind bit of difference. Turns out the problem was knackered cam bearings.

Return to “Engines Area”