Edis ignition and aftermarket ECU's

General Chat About Electrics, And Ignition Systems.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Edis ignition and aftermarket ECU's

Post by ozrover »

Does anyone have any experience using an aftermarket ecu in conjunction with a Ford edis module? I need to run my Lumenition C460 distributorless on an RV8 and unfortunately the ecu only has 3 ignition drivers so can only do direct fire on up to 6cyl. Any help/advice appreciated.
Doug

kev_the_mole
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kev_the_mole »

Doug,

try sending a PM to Bill Shurvinton on this forum.

Cheers,

Ian

It's an engine Jim.....but not as we know it ;)

Richard

Post by Richard »

2nded. Talk to Bill - he knows MS'nS and MS'n'EDIS (or Google for MegaSquirt EDIS).
VEMS New Zealand Limited
Versatile Engine Management Systems : World Class Technology. Global Support.
For UK sales, visit VEMS UK

bill shurvinton
Getting There
Getting There

Post by bill shurvinton »

You can't drive the EDIS with the lumentition, but the megajolt will do the job nicely probably for a lot less than you can sell the lumenition for. If you look on the LR4x4 forum there is a lot of good info there on installs for V8s.

I don't have any connection with megajolt anymore. Not because it isn't a great way to DIY yourself to better ignition, but someone else came along who (as well as being my boss at the day job) could give more time to help and support that I can manage.

I would still dearly love to come up with something between megajolt and the fuller featured DIY ECUs. one day maybe.

ozrover
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

re

Post by ozrover »

Thanks for he replies.The Lumenition ecu runs the fuel injection and had the 3D ignition capability as well which I had hoped to use.Looks like I may need to source an intermediate timing cover and us the low data mode of the ecu and a dizzy rather than direct fire.
Doug

Return to “Electrical & Ignition Area”