sd 1 engine

General Chat About Engine Build

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

multi

sd 1 engine

Post by multi »

hello all of you .

i am planning to build a Rover sd 1 engine for use i a 1000 kg hotrod. used mostly for long trips and with a 900kg caravan now and then.
it now has a rover 3500 10,5:1 cr, edelbrock performer intake . two bbl carb, bw35 autotrans, i am pretty pleased with it but is a little low on power,
my idea was to take a 3500 9,35 cr, sd1 engine . 4,6 heads performer intake 500cfm 4 bbl carb, tin head gasket to end with a cr of 11:1
and the kent high torque camshaft.
does any of you, done that combo. and will it work. let me here what you think.

best regards multi,

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: sd 1 engine

Post by Ian Anderson »

If it is a kit car type hot rod, ie not converting an existing car, you will not get a licence registration to enable you to tow.

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

multi

Post by multi »

Hello Ian.

it is an existing car . a 1933 chevy 3w coupe . i live in Denmark . and the car has gone through the danish mot.
but what i have interest in is , i have these parts around and i would like to hear if it is a solution that works.
does anyone have a dyno sheet of a combo like that i am talking about. i am aiming little more power without sacrifying
fuel mileage which now is around 26miles/gallon.
best regards multi

JSF55
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by JSF55 »

I had the same set up in my pop, I went for the 3.9 engine and a crane camshaft and Rhodes lifters to give more torque rather than bhp, I also swapped the gearbox for the 4 speed zf4hp22 and lowered the rear axle gearing to suit, regularly returned 25 to the gallon with a teardrop on the back
So thats where it went !

Return to “Engines Area”