Serpentine belt

General Chat And Help Regarding Turbocharging and Supercharging.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Bruce R.

Serpentine belt

Post by Bruce R. »

I’m mounting a blower on a Buick 215 and I thought I could save some space at the front of the engine by converting it to serpentine drive, so off to the junkyard looking for pulleys I could adapt only to find out that everything I looked at with serpentine belts had the water pump turning opposite of my Buick. Now Im thinking I need the timing cover, water pump, etc, from a Rover. Will it fit ???

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: Serpentine belt

Post by unstable load »

Everything off a Rover will fit, but at the end of the day there may be differences in the ancillaries that may not accept the serp pulleys due to holes and their sizes, so you may need to drill and modify to suit the Buick/American components.
Cheers,
John

SuperV8
Guru
Guru

Post by SuperV8 »

I had a 3.5 (vee-belt) Rover V8 which I was trying to supercharge. I used the spare V pulley on the crank pulley but it just couldn't transmit enough power and was getting supercharger belt slip. So looked at converting my timing cover to serp setup - but I found a second hand 4.6 which happens to come with a serp timing cover :D at probably less cost than a serp timing cover on its own - obviously not factoring in rebuilding and top hat lining the 4.6!

Tom.
Dax Rush 4.6 supercharged V8 MSII

Bruce R.

Post by Bruce R. »

I picked up the timing cover, water pump, timer, harmonic balancer, and pulleys from a 3.9 yesterday, looks like it will work,as long as nothing is different with the end of the crank where it drives the oil pump.

Bruce R.

Post by Bruce R. »

10 bucks for everything.

Return to “Forced Induction”