Rover 3.9 EFI with Cosworth T5 gearbox & clutch

If you want to sell it, this is the place for you.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ian Duncan C

Rover 3.9 EFI with Cosworth T5 gearbox & clutch

Post by Ian Duncan C » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:04 pm

Hi,

I am planning to replace the Rover V8 mated to a Cosworth T5, currently in my Pilgrim Sumo, with a Lexus engine & BMW gearbox over the coming winter and therefore need to sell the current engine & gearbox combination this summer. Brief details of the engine & gearbox are below, full details including pictures, of the refurbishment of both are available and can be sent to anyone who is interested in buying them.

The car is currently on the road so a test drive can be arranged to allow you to check out the performance prior to agreeing a purchase. Timescales are flexible but ideally I would like to use the Sumo over the summer with a view to SORNing it October / November time to start the project. This would mean the engine & gearbox being available at the back end of this year.

The engine has done under 5,000 miles since the rebuild and has been fitted with a rev limiter since new (set to 5,000 rpm and increased to 6,000 in stages as the engine was run in). The gearbox was fitted 2016 and has done approximately 1,000 miles. I am asking £2,500 for the engine & gearbox as detailed below.

If you are interested let me know by PM and I will send the full specification and any other information you may require.

Best regards,
Ian

Engine:

1992 (age verification document included) 3.9 Rover V8 with Lucas 14CUX fuel injection, completely stripped and rebuilt as follows -
• block bored & honed, valley polished, oil return hole drilled (as per Des Hammill), crankshaft reground, new bearings, ARP studs fitted
• New pistons, Viper Cyclone camshaft & new valve springs (camshaft retaining plate and new valve guides, with oil seals, fitted)
• Remote oil filter, adjustable pressure relief valve & oil feed to distributor / oil pump gear fitted
• Reciprocating mass balanced, CR increased to 10:1 and equalised between cylinders, cylinder head ports matched to inlet & exhaust
• Cylinder head skim, fitted with ARP studs, lightened flywheel
• Lucas 14CUX fitted and monitored using Rovergauge software (software & hardware interface included in sale)

Gearbox:

Sierra Cosworth Borg Warner T5 gearbox, fully stripped and refurbished with a complete refurb kit from 5Speed (Paul Cangialosi in US), including all bearings, synchros and the uprated counter gear retaining plate. The gearbox was fitted using a TVR bellhousing which was skimmed by 5mm, to ensure full engagement of the input shaft in the spigot bearing, and was dialed in on the engine. The clutch release bearing carrier and clutch fork pivot were machined to align the clutch operation.

Ian Duncan C

Re: Rover 3.9 EFI with Cosworth T5 gearbox & clutch

Post by Ian Duncan C » Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Now sold, thanks for looking

Return to “For Sale”