Cooling system proposed design

General Chat About Cooling & Overheating

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Twinturbotr7
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Cooling system proposed design

Post by Twinturbotr7 »

I've asked on here about some of my cooling system ideas this is how I plan To do it I would apriciate your views and will take on any criticism, I need this cooling system to work as good as possible as I'm running twin turbos Image

Ok so A and D both go to B And C goes to bottom hose ,E goes to G and F goes to H ,
The matrix is always open/ permanently free flowing ( the heat is contoled with flaps in the heater box ) and D is going to be a small hose tail welded on just above the top hose
Hope this makes sense hope I've got it right
Thanks Nick

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: Cooling system proposed design

Post by ChrisJC »

Presumably that expansion tank will be the highest part of the system?

Looks OK to me.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Twinturbotr7
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Twinturbotr7 »

ChrisJC wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 7:50 pm
Presumably that expansion tank will be the highest part of the system?

Looks OK to me.

Chris.

Yes header tank will be heighest part of the system, also is it worth me adding the small vent just above the radiator top hoze ? The one I've called "D" ????my thoughts were it will help get the air out after the thermostat ?and the one in the inlet manifold "A" will get air out if the stats shut

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

I think it's a good idea to have small bleed pipes to let any air back to the header tank. The radiator in my Range Rover has one, and my V8 LDV had one too.

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

If the top hose on your radiator goes to a higher level...then a bleed on the top of the rad is pointless, as air wont get trapped there anyway, it'll rise via the top hose wherever there may be a trap there.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Twinturbotr7
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Twinturbotr7 »

stevieturbo wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 pm
If the top hose on your radiator goes to a higher level...then a bleed on the top of the rad is pointless, as air wont get trapped there anyway, it'll rise via the top hose wherever there may be a trap there.
Hi steve, sorry for the slow reply , my rad top hose is about 2" lower than the thermostat,so is this the senario your referring to ?
So you wouldn't bother with the rad bleed ?
My thoughts for fitting the top bleed
To the rad was to help get air out when filling the system as the thermostat will be shut ?
Thanks Nick

Daisy22

Post by Daisy22 »

Twinturbotr7 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 pm
I've asked on here about some of my cooling system ideas this is how I plan To do it I would apriciate your views and will take on any criticism, I need this cooling system to work as good as possible as I'm running twin turbos Image

Ok so A and D b paris taxi Airport oth go to B And C goes to bottom hose ,E goes to G and F goes to H ,
The matrix is always open/ permanently free flowing ( the heat is contoled with flaps in the heater box ) and D is going to be a small hose tail welded on just above the top hose
Hope this makes sense hope I've got it right
Thanks Nick
I need this

Return to “Cooling Area”