Re: rover v8 cylinder head rear unused water ways

Post by Twinturbotr7 »

ChrisJC wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:09 pm
Twinturbotr7 wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:40 pm
ChrisJC wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:26 pm
If your heater is always open, then you don't need to have a 2nd bypass.

Chris.

Thanks Chris one more question the return from the matrix where is the best place to fit it ??one of the reply’s said it should go into the top hoze so all water goes through the rad or should it go to the 15mm stub on the water pump (p6 pump )so it’s just keeps going round the engine , my engine is a twin turbo and it’s in tr7 so I’m expecting cooling problems hence why I’m trying to get best solution first time
I would route it back into the water pump inlet as per Rover's design. I think if you routed it back into the top hose you may get zero circulation in the heater when the thermostat was open!

Chris.

Hi Chris thanks for the reply yes it makes sense to put the matrix return back to the pump and that's what I will be doing , i think what mike -b was trying to tell me earlier in this thread was that he sends his back to the radiator but he still has another bypass so it wouldt be a problem for him , the only bypass I'm going to be able to have is the heater circuit , I've got one of John eales hybrid timing covers and the bypass is not machined into the cover so I'm going to rely on the heater circuit as my main and only bypass

Return to “Cooling Area”