Gaz shocks

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Robrover
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Robrover »

I've got Bilsteins on my Disco and they're great on and off road.

I only wish they still did a set for the SD1, not listed in their catalogue anymore, though they used to make them.

Richard P6
Getting There
Getting There

Post by Richard P6 »

ewokracing wrote:Cheers guys for the replies. Funnily enough, a bloke with a p6b on the Rover forum has come to grief in fitting AVO's - the plastic bushes were completely out of whack at one end.

Ideally I'd just go for Koni's, but I can't seem to find a supplier online and the Aussie distributor in my city is apparently very expensive.
That would be me :)

The metal sleeves provided were just too small to fit over the locating pins on both ends of the front shock. If you removed the sleeve, the bush was too big and just wobbled around on the pins. Also the bushes were too long and came past the fixing holes on the P6 front end.

Give AVO their due though, they did send some new bushes and sleeves that did fit, although I would have preferred fitting without the sleeve as original.

I haven't tried them yet as the car is off the road until the end of March for some work so, don't know how good they are.

Richard

ewokracing

Post by ewokracing »

on another train of thought, have any of you guys got a parts catalog for Bilstein shocks that has a Rover p6 listed?

I'm trying to find the part numbers for Bilsteins. (or even a supplier).
1976 Rover p6b.

current: stock with K&N filters
future: some sort of thundering V8 with a supra box.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”