Brake servo mounting angle

General Chat About Brakes & Suspension

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Misterb_57

Brake servo mounting angle

Post by Misterb_57 »

I've just purchased a Powertune clone of the Lockheed remote servo to install in the project.
But the manual states it must be mounted at between 25 & 45 degree angle (front uppermost). It appears they are sensitive to the mounting angle but does anyone know why?

Need to mount mine at 10 to15 degrees to fit in the space available and want to know if it's going to work.

Chris.

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

I can maybe see the master cylinder needing to be at a sensible angle....not really sure why the servo would need to be

Although lets face it...almost all are mounted at a slight incline.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

DEVONMAN
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by DEVONMAN »

The outlet end of the servo cylinder needs to be elevated to ensure that air is not trapped in the cylinder behind the internal piston. A good rapid push of the brake pedal would probably shift any air but having the outlet raised does easy purging.
Regards Denis
1950 A40 Devon Hotrod with 5.0 twin turbo RV8.
EDIS8 wasted spark, Holley Injection.
Been as far as the Moon and back in 57 years of driving. Same Car, 5 engine upgrades !!!

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

DEVONMAN wrote:The outlet end of the servo cylinder needs to be elevated to ensure that air is not trapped in the cylinder behind the internal piston. A good rapid push of the brake pedal would probably shift any air but having the outlet raised does easy purging.
Regards Denis
That being the case, then you should be OK within your constraints, subject to the usual disclaimers etc etc..... :lol:
Cheers,
John

Misterb_57

Post by Misterb_57 »

Thanks Devonman.

I wont pretend that I understand how they work but I'll make sure I get the maximum angle I can achieve.

Chris.

Return to “Brakes & Suspension Area”