Welder suitable for beginner & bodywork?

General Chat About Body & Strengthening

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Alley Kat wrote:My Cebora cost under £200. Snap On = Cebora, same machines with different badges on. There's quality welders out there and for £200 you'll be going s/h. Main thing is check it works before shelling £s, get the seller to show it working or take something along who can MIG, to have a go.
Best avoid SIP, by reputation. Unless modded - again, see the MIG forum.

As well as welder you'll want an auto-mask, say £40, gas, and gauges (about £30). Pub CO2 is dirt cheap if you can sort that, but not the best for thin steel. Ar-mix can be got rent-free from Adams and their resellers, and probs others. Again MIG forum has lists.
Think my bottle was £70 for the first one inc deposit, £40 for refills. Or thereabouts.

Whatever the initial costs, in a while you'll be well chuffed to have it!
I have a snap-on 180 mig and can't fault it, owned it for over 14yrs can weld thin steel and also 10mm plate :D

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Alley Kat
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Alley Kat »

Wonder if we got the same one T?? Got spot and stitch timer things on it. Though I think they did a couple of 180 models.
Like it lots anyway, but sometimes wish it was smaller - notalot of room in my garage...

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

no not got spot on mine, will get a pic over the weekend.
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Return to “Body & Strengthening”