Hi from Surrey

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Davejclear

Hi from Surrey

Post by Davejclear »

Just joined the group.
I have an MGB which I brought off a friend about 3 years ago. It was an unfinished rover 3500 V8 Flapper EFI conversion which had been in work for over 20years. Heritage body and Jaguar suspension brakes and wheels. The engine was just about running but all the running gear and interior were incomplete. I have now finished the car (well if that is ever possible!). The engine had a major over fuelling problem which has been mainly resolved by sorting out the ignition with a a&R amp and mega ore leads. Still left with very rich/ overfuelling which needs resolving.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Hi from Surrey

Post by DaveEFI »

Check the coolant temperature sensor resistance at the ECU connector - ECU unplugged. Between terminals 5 &13 (black/white, black/slate)

You should see (about) 2500 ohms at ambinet temp, 200 ohms engine hot.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Davejclear

Re: Hi from Surrey

Post by Davejclear »

Hi

Thanks for the reply! I have done this and all checks out ok. However I do find that the temperature takes too long to get to the running temp. I have ordered a potentiometer and I am going to try a manual bypass just to experiment. I have also found that the extra air valve closes off too quickly compared to the CTS so I have disconnected the EAV and just leave it to engine temp to close it off which seem to work better. The engine idles much better when cold when a pull a pipe off the plenum when cold so I think the EAV is not letting enough air in for the amount of fuel being injected. If I lower the fuel pressure it helps when cold but is lacking when warm so have also order a rising rate reg which may help

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”