Hello, I’m new to the Forum

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

P6B Mongrel

Hello, I’m new to the Forum

Post by P6B Mongrel »

Good Evening from California. This week I am starting on a P6 project.I’ve been slow out of the gate, but am gaining speed. I just brought home an export, LHD, 1967 P6, which has been somewhat converted from a 2000TC to a 3500S. I bought it from the estate of a very good car friend, brilliant guy, and the car was in his family since new or nearly new. I 1971, I had a Super 7, and he had early Elites and Elans, so over the years, meeting with the Lotus Owners, we neglected talking about his great little Rover enough. He passed suddenly from heart failure, and I have no idea about conditions o& any of the car’s components. He had a number of Buick, Oldsmobile, and Rover (SD1) engines. After wasting lots of time, I’ve determined that the 5-speed is a Borg Warner T50. I’ll try to narrow the engine ID in a couple of days.
I find three piston calipers on the front end, and am thinking that my first target, after letting the engine cylinders soak one more day, will be to source brake parts. I’m guessing that those calipers are from 3500, but am not sure. I’ve got a J Taylor manual coming, and will renew my membership in the P6 Owner’s Club shortly. Being a Rover novice, and that the car is a mix n match mongrel, I need and welcome any input on parts ID and sourcing or any other subject! Before I got the car home, I bought an ignition switch from MGCD Parts, who were great. I’ve got a couple of extra diffs, a set of SD1heads, and two front doors with electric window motors, but no door panels or window switches (my car came with air con)... Thank you!

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello, I’m new to the Forum

Post by scudderfish »

Hello! Welcome! And all that. Any photos?

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”