Hi

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Chris Bound

Hi

Post by Chris Bound »

I'm Chris from Surrey (UK) and have recently bought a 1977 MG BGT. It's in excellent original condition, but has had a chrome bumper/grille conversion, leather seats and walnut dash added at some time in its life.

What's amazing is that a 41 year old car has only done 25,000 miles. No, it hasn't been clocked - I've got a load of old MOT certificates to prove it's genuine.

Of more interest to this forum is the ex Range Rover 3.9 EFi which I'm currently rebuilding and intend to fit into the B. It's fully stripped and cleaned up and I'm about to start re-assembly. Standard crank & pistons, new bearing shells, rings, cam, lifters and rocker gear.

I've got an LT77 gearbox and bell-housing and loads of other bits & pieces. The Rangie was an auto, so I've also had to get a flywheel and clutch. Thank goodness for eBay!!

I'll keep you posted.

Chris

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi

Post by scudderfish »

Hello! Welcome and all that. Do you have any photos you can post?

Regards,
David

Chris Bound

Re: Hi

Post by Chris Bound »

Hi David,
Good to hear from you. Here's a pic of the car. It's a very good runner and I'm going to think long and hard about when to start stripping out the engine. Suspect it won't be until next year.
I spent some time yesterday polishing the crank journals on the V8 (no significant wear) and was planning to start putting it back together next weekend.
I've decided, however, that while it's fully stripped it would be daft not to change the cam bearings. Whilst I could do them my self (and would have liked to). it looks as though it will cost over £150 to buy a set of pullers. With Real Steel quoting just £55 for doing the job, I think I'll be better going to them and I can get them to wash the block in their tank while they've got it.
Cheers,
Chris
Attachments
20180422_174617 (2).jpg

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”