Intro

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

GrinnallV8

Intro

Post by GrinnallV8 »

Good day from the South of France,i have recently moved here from Dublin,Ireland and have brought my Grinnall built TR7V8 with me.
Its higely modified rebuit,chassis up and the 3.5lt V8 has been bored out to 3.6,fitted with high compression pistons,vandervall bearings,crane camshaft,tuftrided crank,heads have large inlet/exhaust valves.Also fitted with an Offenhauser inlet manifold,Holly 390 carb and K&N airfilter.
Fantastic car to drive Until recently.
It starts and runs fine until it heats up then sarts to missfire and back fire,gets progressively worse till dies.Have to wait till it cools then,any advice wouldbe appriciated.

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Intro

Post by scudderfish »

Welcome! You need to post a lot of photos :) I'm afraid I don't know much about carb'ed engines but I'll ask the obvious, have you changed anything recently? Is the misfire load related or does it do it at idle? Do you have a way of checking the timing?

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Intro

Post by Ian Anderson »

Welcome to the forum

My guess would be fuel,
Check your fuel,line from tank, pump, filters fairly easy so far.
Then check you have the correct fuel pressure. I believe 3.5 to 4 psi is what these like.
Then check float levels and check for flooding

Do one check at a time so you can pinpoint where the problem was and then keep you eye on it

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”