Hello, John from Florida here

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Buck

Hello, John from Florida here

Post by Buck »

Just wanted to say hello to everyone. I've built an MGB GT V8 for the racetrack and I need to build a new engine for it. Rules say I need to stick with a 3.5 liter, but I might build a 4.0 and beg forgiveness. I'm sure they'll overlook it until I start getting some speed up :D So, first question, what's the best way to raise the compression? Should I buy custom pistons and use my ported 3.5 heads, or should I use Rover HC pistons and the 4.0 heads? Next, will cast pistons last at 6500 RPM for any length of time? Would I be better off building a lower RPM torque motor? Can I use the stock rods or should I modify a set of Chevy rods? Should I keep the SD1 front cover or update to the 3.9 front cover with the crank driven oil pump? That's enough to get started, please feel free to add as much information as you think will help.
Attachments
IMG_1657.JPG

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hello, John from Florida here

Post by Coops »

Hi Buck and welcome to our mad house
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scudderfish »

Will they ever ask you to remove the heads? If not then a 3.5 is externally the same as a 5.0......... :D

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Welcome to the Forum

I am not sure much in. A Rover will live At 6500 for long.

Build for torque and gear it better to change at 5500.

That is what I would do

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”