New Member - Corsham, Wiltshire.

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Burbling
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

New Member - Corsham, Wiltshire.

Post by Burbling »

Hi Everyone,

SO glad to find this forum!

I have a project starting, to change the 2.25L Petrol engine in my 1958 Series 1 LandRover up to a V8. The rear axle and transmission aspects are sorted, it's the engine I am sorting out now. I set off looking for a RV8 from a Range Rover Classic or SD1, a 3.5 on twin SUs was what I was thinking of, nice and simple and about right for the old Landie. LPG to follow in due course when it's all done.

This afternoon I met with a friend who offered me a Rover V8, and that turned out to be basically a LWB Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE under a tarp in his yard. That's a bit rare I though, so had a look.

It's been on its side 5 years ago by an errant nephew, and when last parked up it was a runner and driven around the yard. Their intention was to strip her, but it never happened, and now pending a further check over this week and seeing it start, it's mine.

So, a 4.2 EFI Rover V8. A bit over what I was after but I am thinking it's not too difficult to get this onto a twin SU manifold in the Landie.

If anyone wants a beautiful leather interior, the vehicle will be being broken down after the engine is out - the transmission I don't need either, will post that lot up on other forums as things develop.

Cheers!

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”