Hello from me

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

kiwicar wrote:you can hide the lines and the nozzles very neatly on the lower part of that TPI manifold just need to tell the MSQ when you activate it, and maybe fit some bigger injectors :twisted: oops I seem to have started again :oops:
best regards
Mike

NAH!!
Just start simple with a single point wet fogger in the inlet to the manifold to see how it goes ??

If he likes it we can help him with a direct port system later. :twisted:

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Spongo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Spongo »

Oh god NOS I don't think my wallet or transmission would last long, then again :twisted:

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

ChrisJC wrote:That's a P38 Rangie isn't it? It must have been fun getting the Chevy motor to integrate properly with the rest of the vehicle electrical systems.

Chris.
That will be an overfinch conversion i suspect - not sure how they got the electronics to talk with each other, but from what i've read it wasn't easy and it involved some bodges.

O/p are you able to provide any insight into how they co-exist? - Is the original ECU still present (that black box behind the battery if it was a GEMs RR)
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Spongo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Spongo »

Yes thats right it is an Overfinch conversion, the original ECU was junked and it has a bespoke ECU that was originally made for the TVR Cerbera by MBE systems. Unfortuneatly they could not help with the repair or re-configuration of the ECU, so now I have the old ECU and the Megasquirt in the engine bay along with an LPG ECU as well, to say its busy in that area is an understatement :wink:

The reason I went for an MS to replace the engine ECU was so that I could have dual maps to allow the LPG to run seperate mapping to get the best out of it.

The old engine ECU is still connected to provide data to the gearbox ECU etc I intend to also put the engine cooling fan operation back to the old ECU as well as it controls it much better than the MS especially for cool down after its been running.

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

Is the GEMs ECU getting a crank signal, in order to make your rev-counter work etc?
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Spongo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Spongo »

Getting crank signal from the Megasquirt, just connected it directly from the MS into the wiring loon and hey presto it worked

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”