My project

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

roverv8bay

My project

Post by roverv8bay »

G'day all. I'm on the sunshine coast in Queensland Australia. over the years I have had a broad line up of converted vehicles 1st was a 50 prefect with a 6cylinder Vauxhall velox motor gearbox and diff. I did that at the age of 15 with help from a local mechanic's son. next was 50 model L Vauxhall with a cresta motor & gearbox I had a strip of 1/4 steel drilled & tapped to take gas water pipe fittings that gave me a manifold to take 3 Stromberg carburettors then we cut the rear outlet pipe of & the front off another 4 cylinder wyvern exhaust manifold that created a dual outlet header style manifold as performance parts didn't exist for Vauxhall's in OZ. the next was an EH holden with a 289 ford v8 c4 auto then an Izusu bellet with a Lynx engineering crate motor balanced running twin webers then a 70 model Toyota crown with our torana xu1 triple Stromberg motor with a Toyota 5 speed acouple of xy falcon 351 Cleveland motors the 2 triumph 2500's 1 with the xu1 motor transferred to it the 2nd with a 327 chev & turbo 700 4 speed auto then 2 splitscreen kombi's a 56 with twin port 1600
2nd 1 had 180b Nissan motor with twin solex sidedraught carbs then assorted standard car's I now drive a 6litre 6speed auto holden sportswagon in atomic green google it I love it bugger fuel prices my parts & run around is a Subaru impreza sportswagon. I have 2 projects running side by side in my daughters shed her 74 kombi which is a semi resto but powered by a Subaru 2.2 litre motor Mine is a 76 kombi converted to midengine 4x4. I will put pics & build in conversion section
ernie

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”