It's only me

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

MURRAYUP

It's only me

Post by MURRAYUP »

Builder of cars.
Current car MG Midget 1971 midnight blue. Engine 1uzfe ls400 gen2 v8. 5 speed bmw 3s gearbox. Borg/Warner t4 turbocharger p38 rear axle discs and coil overs all round. I live in Hitchin North Herts car has base map and driveable looking for a Megasquirt3_Sett_Up-1.5 tunner in my area to take the car to the next level.
Regards Ian.
Attachments
20210608_160532.jpg
20220318_121535.jpg
20210608_153951.jpg

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: It's only me

Post by scudderfish »

That's awesome! I don't know of anyone local (I'm in Harpenden) unfortunately. I'm slowly fiddling with my Speeduino setup, but it's nowhere near as wild as yours :) :nw

MURRAYUP

Post by MURRAYUP »

Hi Nice fury, may see you at Harpenden cars on the green in July
Regards Ian

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

scudderfish wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:19 pm
That's awesome! I don't know of anyone local (I'm in Harpenden) unfortunately. I'm slowly fiddling with my Speeduino setup, but it's nowhere near as wild as yours :) :nw
There's a chap in the SD1 club who seems to like Speeduino. It certainly seems excellent value. I bought a PCB intending to build one and play with it - but never got round to it.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

MURRAYUP wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:43 pm
Builder of cars.
Current car MG Midget 1971 midnight blue. Engine 1uzfe ls400 gen2 v8. 5 speed bmw 3s gearbox. Borg/Warner t4 turbocharger p38 rear axle discs and coil overs all round. I live in Hitchin North Herts car has base map and driveable looking for a Megasquirt3_Sett_Up-1.5 tunner in my area to take the car to the next level.
Regards Ian.
Not quite clear if you already have the MS3 up and running, and just needs tuning?
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

MURRAYUP

Post by MURRAYUP »

Hi Dave
Yes the car is running ,though I have been advised not to take it over 2500rpm. Shaun o'donnell did the base map over the phone with him controlling my laptop. Haven't heard from him for several months, I understand he had been ill. So still looking for a tuner who understands ms3 gold box and 1uzfe v8 toyota. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
Regards Ian.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

I'd contact James Murray who writes the software for MS, and is midlands based. He should be able to help, or know someone who can. Wonder of it's the same Shaun who tuned a pal's SD1 with MS2 who lives in California. Seems he made a pretty decent job of that. If so, hope he's OK.
If you have a decent ignition map (should be easy enough to find online for a standard engine) VE analyse live can generally get things pretty close. It's what I used, and I'd not call myself an experienced tuner.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

I've been trying to find an MS mapper and the only guy seems to be Dale (Bailey Performance) in Telford. Nice guy and did my early tuning but now going again in August. (James Murry never cam back to me.)
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Must admit to not understanding why. Obviously, setting up an MS from scratch requires knowledge of the product. But once it is running, you'd have thought anyone with a rolling road could tune it for maximum output. VEAL, and a bit of time, will take care of the rest, on a quiet bit of road.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

MURRAYUP

Post by MURRAYUP »

I also Emailed James Murray but had no reply, this was 3 weeks ago.
Regards Ian.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Perhaps I shouldn't have recommended him - not knowing how busy he is. He may well get too many general enquiries to reply to all of them.

Thing with MS is that it's a DIY system in essence. And excellent value. If you don't intend DIYing, best to find your tuner first, and fit the after market system he knows and likely sells. In much the same way as most garages won't fit bits you supply.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”