Hello from the Costa del Fylde

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

V8Volvo245

Hello from the Costa del Fylde

Post by V8Volvo245 »

Morning all! My name is Mark and I'm on the Fylde Coast. I currently have a 1992 Volvo 245 in which I've just dropped an AJ26S from a 1999 Jaguar XJR with a 6 speed manual from a 2.7L diesel S Type.

When I say "dropped in" I mean that quite literally. It's in the car at the moment but I need to do a couple of mods before I can start to make the mounts for it.

The plan is to get TTV Racing to make a custom flywheel for it that retains the stock flex plate, and to use RusEFi to perform the engine management duties. The car is an April 1992 registration, so won't need cats for the MOT, which is great news.

I've also been talking to the engine's designer and he's given me some very interesting insights into the engine's development and the best ways to get more power out of it, in case 370bhp isn't enough in a 26 year old, 1300kg car :mrgreen:
Matilda bus station car park.jpg
GEDC1396.JPG
GEDC1400.JPG

Gerro

Re: Hello from the Costa del Fylde

Post by Gerro »

Howdy! How's the project so far?

V8Volvo245

Post by V8Volvo245 »

Pretty much as you see it in the pictures at the moment.

I've currently got a house extension taking up every minute of my spare time, plus I'm working 12 hours a day and I can't really get on with making the engine mounts until the Jag is out of the way, and it can't go until the interior etc. is sold. Bit of a catch 22, really.

On the plus side, I just got my hands on a 2nd hand but unused mini- lathe, which will be dead useful for making up spacers etc. Unfortunately, buying the lathe has also used up the last of my car money for the time being. That said, I've got loads to do yet that doesn't require me having to spend any more!

Gerro

Post by Gerro »

Good update man. Sounds a great score on that mini-lathe.

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”