A Yank from Cornfield Country

Please introduce yourself to everyone and say hi :-)

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ptschram

A Yank from Cornfield Country

Post by Ptschram »

My name is PT Schram. I am a Land Rover addict!

You may know of me from Discoweb.org, Pirate4x4, Land rover Repair Forums, or references in Land Rover Lifestyle Magazine (where I was featured as the technical support for Jason Michaels' OBC effort) and most recently in Alloy+Grit.

I run a small Land Rover only repair shop in the middle of nowhere Indiana where I am the only game in town locally to work on Rovers.

But, this is slowly changing to being primarily an engine building shop as I'm going back to my roots of the late 70s/early 80s when I was building small Block Chevy engines for the local drag racers. Driving this move also, is the fact that I recently became part owner of a Stuska 800 HP water brake dynamometer that is being configured to accommodate only Land Rover V8s.

I joined this site now because I was recently diagnosed with head and neck cancer and will be down from work for the foreseeable future and a VERY good friend gave me a MegaSquirt 3 kit for me to have something productive to do as I recover from this horrible disease-I have a very good prognosis, but right now, need to gain some weight so I am strong enough to finish the 12 remaining radiation treatments and one remaining chemotherapy treatment.

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A Yank from Cornfield Country

Post by scudderfish »

Hello & welcome. So sorry to hear of your plight, I wish you a smooth and speedy recovery.

Regards,
David

richardpope50
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by richardpope50 »

I can only echo what David says. All the very best.
Richard.
Dax Rush 5.0l TVR V8, EFI with Megasquirt ECU and wasted spark, Racelogic Traction Control and Quaife LSD ....... Now nut and bolt restoring a TR6

Ptschram

Post by Ptschram »

Thanx Gents!

Much appreciated.

As I spent most of my professional life working with a job title of some sort of "Engineer", I hope to not only learn a lot here, but maybe contribute to the overall state of the art.

My current project includes what I see some refer to as the trivial process of converting the distributor to a camshaft position sensor, but I hope to develop a more elegant solution and of the utmost importance to me is preventing water ingress as the major driving force behind the EMS conversion from Lucas to MS3 is to avoid the problems of wet distributor syndrome.

Between using COP and a sealed distributor/CmPS, I'm hoping to overcome this concern. I have read some VERY good things about the level of success many have had with the EDIS system, but I want the ability to control individual cylinders and avoid waste-spark configuration.

Due to the illness, things are moving very slowly, but I just finished earlier today my 23rd radiation treatment. With luck, my last chemotherapy treatment will be next Monday, March 26. I am slowly gaining some weight back so it looks like I'll be able avoid hospital stays and now just have to slog my way through until April four!

Again, thank you for the encouraging words!

Gerro

Post by Gerro »

Howdy PT! Hope you are recovering very well.

Return to “Please Tell Us About Yourself”