2004 mustang engine into mk4 supra

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

barneybrendan

2004 mustang engine into mk4 supra

Post by barneybrendan »

want to put v8 into the supra.what are the 2004 mustang 4.6 engines like.have noticed they do a supercharged verion using the eaton m90.has anybody fitted one of these into anything.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi
I presume you are referring to the ford modular v8, at a guess the one with the 4 valve heads?? however even if it is the 2,or 3 valve version, the answer is about the same, it is wide! bit longer than a 302, bit taller too and the exhaust ports are quite high up, having said that, it is meant to be pretty easy to tune, likes being supercharged, is pretty robust and has been stuck in all sorts of things (including the front of a rover 75) personally if I was going multivalve supercharged V8 I would go Jaguar (post 2000) because there are more of them over here and its a bit lighter and at the moment they are pretty cheep with an XJR jag wrapped around the outside.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by topcatcustom »

Just out of interest why do you want to put a V8 into the Supra? They have some of the most bullet proof and tuneable engines, I was speaking to a chap the other week with one that was completely standard except a single turbo and HKS ECU, and it was putting out 600bhp at the wheels! You will have to spend a lot to get that with a V8, whether is a cheap old V8 with lots spent on tuning or an expensive new V8 with not much spent on tuning!

Just my opinion and without knowing there may be a good reason you want to change engines!

TC

barneybrendan

Post by barneybrendan »

i have a n/a supra .
plus i love the sound of a v8.and to get 600hp + would mean £2000 on a twin turbo engine to start with.then an open cheaque book .
supercharged ford modular engine is 390bhp .looking at trying for around 500bhp thats enough for the time.
did think of the jag engine and it is definately a lot cheaper.but research has brought up head gasket issues a lot.

Lehto

Post by Lehto »

Weird? I have never heard of head gaskets failing on a jaguar V8 engine.. They've been quite strong engines so far... but not bullet proof like the AJ6 series engines are.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”