351 or 350

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dafman

351 or 350

Post by dafman »

hi all looking for some advice on where to pick up a engine and box either a 351 windsor or a 350 chevy to go in my new project car many thanks any help would be thankfully received

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Are you looking for a ready built engine or a unit to rebuild?
Mike
poppet valves rule!

dafman

Post by dafman »

basicly everything second hand as will rebuild when needed i thought about a new crate motor but would rather buy one that i can hear running as the car is a daily driver and would be done over a weekend ish lol :lol:

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

In that case I'd start with uk ebay both types come up evey week or two (chevys most often). Then try euro-dragster the kitcar magazines, British american engines (i think they do cut outs but will try and sell you a new one) Real steel used to do cutouts aswell but I'm not sure now.
Personally I would go for an iron block 5.3 LS327 from GMPP 327 bhp 345 ftlbs torque $3200 brand spanking new, and have a talk to Rosco on here about shipping it for you.
Mike
poppet valves rule!

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Only thing I would warn about the chevy is the dizzy location. With it being at the back it can be difficult to get in on a tight install. Other than that if you cant buy it for a Chevy it isnt worth having.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”