rover into vx2300

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

merlin

rover into vx2300

Post by merlin »

hi guys new here , just got a rv8 and wish to put in my vx2300 has anyone any experience of this ? cheers

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Hi and welcome,
Im sure there is someone on here with a FD victor with a Rover fitted, Alley Kat had a 101Victor with a rover in it as well, Dont see there should be a problem with fitting the engine, that engine bay is HUGE, probably get an echo out of it too, Axle from a 2300 should be plenty strong enough, Upgrading of Brakes seem to be a bit of an Archilies Heel of all later Vauxhalls, But all is not lost, Pop Browns sell ally hubs that allow you to fit Ford brakes, http://www.popbrowns.co.uk/, I would think all the suspension bushes are available for the car as well, Good luck.
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

5000SE
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by 5000SE »

Please post some photos of the project. My father had a VX1800 then a VX2300GLS when I was a teenager; I learned to drive in one and explored the treasures of femininity in the other.

I've often pondered on getting hold of one and taking it down the V8 route.

My understanding is that the original engine ended up with a slanted cylinder bank and very strong bottom end because Vauxhaul at an early development stage had their eyes on a V8 to step up from the sixes they were producing, but abandoned the idea. However, they adjusted development of the engine rather than starting from scratch, keeping the strong bottom end design of the engine and the big engine bay to go with it.

The cars handled like pigs if they were pushed - turn the steering wheel a little too quickly (in wet or dry) and they'd just plough forward with that big iron lump deciding that momentum was more important than steering input.

Can't remember the last time I saw one anywhere - I recall they suffered tin worm badly!
No substitute for cubic inches

deetes

Post by deetes »

I did one the last VX's, the FE I think. 3.5 with auto box, out of a rover P5. The conversion wasn't much of a problem, but I broke the diff hooning around. Replace with Ventora diff, bullet proof, straight swap(need the Prop shaft from the Ventora)

The first run for this car was from Aberdeen to the S coast of England. Fuel pump, mechanical, broke in London at rush hour. Good fun.

Heaps of room for this engine in there. Heaps of room for any V8 in there.

Go for it :D

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”