RMA Riley to Rover V8

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

DenGal

RMA Riley to Rover V8

Post by DenGal »

Hi All,
After any help on Converting me 49 Riley to a more modern drive using a Rover motor.

Den.

ian.stewart
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor
Location: Far Far south, any further south and my feet are wet

Post by ian.stewart »

Its been done, But the Rover engine is a funny shape and can give packaging problems, Personally I would be looking at a Ford 302 or similar, not much heavier than the Rover, and probably easier to find in Oz, the only thing where the 302 is bigger than the Rover is in the length, but I am sure you can get Shortie water pumps,
Ian
THE SMOKING GNU
12.604 with an old boiler of a RV8 and no gas
WHY are there so many IANS on this site???????

DenGal

Post by DenGal »

Thanks Ian,
I heard on the Grapevine that someone else has done this conversion, would certainly be a help to speak to them, do you know how I could contact them or where to ask around?.
I also will need to make up steel A and B post as the wood on this car has seen better days plus I want to make the body tub stronger for the extra power, also going to steel the roof thinking of a MKII Jag unless someone has another idea the could post. I am planning on using ether a late model Cortina front set up with a rear end from a Holden ( Borg Warner) or go for a Jag front and back, any tips on ether set up would be most welcomed.

The Rover is an option as I bought a SD1 with a go faster 240+ Hp rebuilt motor which would make a super donor car. Typical rev head spent thousands on getting up and go but nothing on how to stop. Pity the front end is McPherson as it handles super( if only I could get it to fit) plus the new built motor and running gear, and of course price make for an attractive conversion for me Riley. Dont want to be thought a twit but can you elaborate on " packaging problems"? .

The Chevy crate engine ( LS2 I think) is also a good prospect you can buy them down here at a good price plus they come with all the goody bolt on bits.

Cheers for the help perhaps I can buy you a pint when over in blighty next.
Den Gallacher
Den.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”