Tr7 rally spec V8 conversion

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

George123

Tr7 rally spec V8 conversion

Post by George123 »

Hi, I’ve just joined the group and I’m after some advice please. I have recently acquired a lovely little rally spec tr7, she’s very clean and currently has a slightly worked 2.0 8v engine but I have just bought an sd1 engine which we will be going ASAP using the S+S preparations modified subframe. So really I need to know things like which is the best carb to be using for this 3.5? I have just bought a Holley 600cfm on an sd1 manifold to get me going but have heard from some it’s too big, and others it’s fine and can work? Which Intake manifold is best? And whether the difference between say an edelbrock manifold and a offenhauser manifold will be problematic with bonnet clearance? I have decided which cam I am going for and that is a real steel hurricane. Then it’s things such as distributor that I would be needing advice on. And in the same breath I will also be looking to buy the following sd1-lt77 bellhousing, clutch fork, radiator, distributor, decent intake manifold, appropriate carb etc I’m basically in the market for most things related to this engine swap. I was hoping there may be a “parts for sale” section but I can’t seem to find it. Anyway sorry for waffling on but any advice is much appreciated.
Cheers

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tr7 rally spec V8 conversion

Post by Coops »

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

Busheytrader

Post by Busheytrader »

One of the best sources of information is S and S themselves. I converted my 7 to V8 using their parts a long time ago.

Otherwise the TR7 / TR8 Forum can help....... http://tr7triumph.com/forum/

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

There is (or was recently) a bell housing for sale on Rover SD1 FB group.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Eliot
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by Eliot »

I would start by checking the engine numbers (and compression which is stamped next to the engine number) to ensure that you have indeed bought a sd1 engine and not an old low compression lump that will be gutless.
Eliot Mansfield
5.7 Dakar 4x4, 4.6 P38 & L322 TDV8
www.mez.co.uk / www.efilive.co.uk

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”