Engine change and updating V5C Reg document

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Allan Robinson
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Engine change and updating V5C Reg document

Post by Allan Robinson »

I have ordered a 4.6 long engine (from a reputable engine provider) to replace my 3.9 for my Dax Rush. Once installed I am required to update my vehicle Registration document with the increased CC and engine number. According to the GOV web site all I need is a receipt for the engine so as far as I can see just a formality really.

However, it has been suggested a that I continue to use my existing engine number as causes all sorts of hassle with the DVLA.

Am I missing something? Many of you will have already gone down this route so my question is was it just a very straightforward and painless experience?

One other thought, what if the engine number is missing due to machining?

Allan

scudderfish
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by scudderfish »

I went from a 3.5 to a 4.3. I sent off the requested docs, including the updated engine number and got a new V5 back within a week or two.

If you keep using the existing number, have an accident and the insurance note that the engine number in your car does not match the V5 then you may find your insurance invalid.

Wilts289
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Engine number

Post by Wilts289 »

Same for me, switched from a 3.5 to 4.2, sent in receipt showing eng. no. with log book change, replacement came back within a week.

Allan Robinson
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Allan Robinson »

Thanks both for your feedback which reflects what I would expect. Following two evasive emails I just sense a reluctance to provide me with the engine number.

I guess if the block has been skimmed the number could get lost. Not sure where that would leave me with the DVLA.

The engine delivery has been put back until mid January so between now and then I will need to insist on headed paper receipt stating type of fuel, engine capacity and engine number.

Many Thanks
Allan.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”