Wanting to do an E46 LS conversion

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Buy or build?

Buy
25%
Build
75%

Total votes: 4

morreti

Wanting to do an E46 LS conversion

Post by morreti »

Hi all, I currently have a supercharged BMW e46 and I'm looking to put an LS engine in it. I have never done anything like this before so I am looking for as much info as I can absorb.

I am looking to hit the 500BHP mark to start with then look to push after Ive got the engine in.

I don't know if I would be better to buy a complete engine or to build one from scratch and try and source the parts and make it around 8/900bhp then put it in.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Prophead
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Prophead »

Just a thought but couldn't you do this with a BMW V8 engine and keep it in the family as it were. What's you objective with the build? Drag racing, show car or just for the hell of it? Might help guide you're decision and any advice. 900bhp is not going to be cheap with any engine, then you have drive train, suspension and brakes to consider.
Porsche 924 GTv8 Track-day car project
Porsche 944 2.5 Lux gone but not forgotten

morreti

Post by morreti »

Prophead wrote:Just a thought but couldn't you do this with a BMW V8 engine and keep it in the family as it were. What's you objective with the build? Drag racing, show car or just for the hell of it? Might help guide you're decision and any advice. 900bhp is not going to be cheap with any engine, then you have drive train, suspension and brakes to consider.
Well yeah I could use a BMW engine. The reason I was opting for an LS is they're easy to tune and can get great numbers.

I want to make it a fun show/daily car.

volospian
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by volospian »

Build it. There are loads of LS suppliers out there and building gives you exactly what you want. You can get 500hp from a 5.3 if you buy the right bits ;)

http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/projec ... ild-part2/
No V8 at present :(

Iain
Helpful or Confused
Helpful or Confused

Post by Iain »

Speak to dynotorque, they have LS'd a number of E46's.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”