V8 into HC Viva - most likley a Rover

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

demon.dave

V8 into HC Viva - most likley a Rover

Post by demon.dave »

Afternoon guys.

I joined up last week to try and gain some more info and knowledge. I'm currently stripping my HC Viva to a shell to get it tidies up as the tin worm is taking hold. I had also planned on swapping the 1256 out for 2L XE engine, and have collected all the parts required. Then I was shown a picture of a V* powered Viva and that has well and truly thrown a spanner in the works!

If I'm going to all the trouble of completely stripping the car to a bare shell, it would be a shame just to fit something in 'because it fits'. A V8 is what I really want, so that's the route I'm going to take hopefully.

I have done a search and lots of reading and I can see that the three most reasonable options are a small block chevy (or heavy!), small block ford, or a Rover V8.

There is a prestige breakers close to me who have rack upon of rack of TVRs so my plan was to probably head there and see if I could get an engine and 'box. It will most likely be a Rover 4L and T5 gearbox from a Griffith. Does this sound the easiest and most sensible route to go down?

Any opinions, suggestions, and advice is welcome

Thanks

Dave

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

Have a Google of Can-Am V8 and then decide..... :lol:
Cheers,
John

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

The Rover V8 is a fine engine. Light, and powerful enough for a Viva. There are millions of combinations of capacity, heads, timing covers, pulley arrangements, exhaust manifolds etc etc.

If you are patient enough, you can probably do it all from the parts bin!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Darkspeed
Guru
Guru

Post by Darkspeed »

unstable load wrote:Have a Google of Can-Am V8 and then decide..... :lol:
Baby Betha is what you should google if taking it seriously - Or Chevy Can-Am if less so :wink:
4.5L V8 Ginetta G27

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by unstable load »

Thanks, Darkseed!

I meant Chevy Can-Am.
Baby Bertha was an impressive project, indeed.
Cheers,
John

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”