Buick 215 V8 in a Europa

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Mike S

Buick 215 V8 in a Europa

Post by Mike S »

Hi gang I'm in the process of puting a Buick 215 alum. V8 in my 71 Lotus Europa. I had to open up the "Y" section where the frame horns meet the back bone. Then reinforced the horns with 1 1/2" X 2" tubing. Because I had to cut the top & bottom flanges down for clearance to the oil pump. Changing the rear suspention to fully independant.

See if this works for pictures? LOL

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Here's some pix of the suspention mods I'm doing & the body reshaping. I've always loved the Lola T70 & the Chevron B-16. So I'm doing somewhat of a hybred on the body. Besides making the nose & tail sections liftable (ala Spitfire). I had a 69 S2 Europa when I was in college. I got really tired of bending over the rear sides to work on the engine. So I decided if I ever got another one I'd fix that. I've done & redone the body a couple of times to suit my tastes & ideas (I can't leave anything alone LOL).

Rossco
Moderator Gold
Moderator Gold

Post by Rossco »

I love the use of alternative materials in the strut.......wood should be quite compliant and make for a softer ride :shock:

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Well you know how expensive coil overs are. Besides I think soft rides are over rated LOL

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”