mid mount roverv8 4x4 kombi

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Great protect and kudos to the Ausies and Kiwis who do all this reverse engineering and making things work together

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-build-l ... -up-7.html
Shows some ducting and 4 inch bilge room air pumps that move 250 cfm on my car.
Sorry that is post 132

Dreamt for directing cooling air into engine bay to help with cooling around an engine in a dead space

Ian

Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

G'day all. Ian thanks for the pics an idea well worth looking at VW supplied the perfect item in the factory heater fan for the late bay bus I have 2 of these so in they go

Front diff crossmember

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

DOH
Last edited by roverv8bay on Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

G'day all. I have been catching up on little jobs now the home reno's are finished for a while. I have modified the mounting for the transfercase to use the original Nissan chassis to case brackets. The intermediate shaft has been changed from the CV type 1st set up to a normal 2 joint shaft approx 14cms long.

OFF TOPIC a mate asked me to do a 4 wheel disc brake conversion on his 56 Cadillac so after 2 hours I had the front template made to allow me to use Jeep ventilated discs & VT commodore font calipers pretty simple set up & at around $350.00 a lot cheaper than buying a kit for $ 1500. aus
So simple that it uses the original Cadillac nuts & bolts to hold the caliper bracket to the stub axle.

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

Happy New Year all. From Australia. Now to the point can anyone help me with a very basic engine wiring diagram for engine alternator & senders to run a cux14 3.9. I have a good manual but it has 2 different sets of wires some on 1 page pre 95 then matching others on post 95. Confusing me so please let me know. I have a Facebook page if that helps Called modified KOMBI'S & Vw projects. thanks in advance for any help sent my way

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Does this one look correct? it's the earlier of the two I've done.

Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

G'day DaveEFI. thanks mate this will be a great help. now I have a drawing that makes sense. the Haynes has 2 that seem to cross over. All the best for the New year.

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

Good afternoon Dave Can you tell me where & what to look for the transmission resistor I have tried to find a pic of 1 on google

Thanks Ernie

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

Another part I can't find is the purge valve does anyone have a pic of what it looks like & where it should be on the 3.9 motor. google shows a lot of different items confusing as they all claim to be purge valve.
thanks for any help
ernie

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

Can't really help with either as I've never had a hotwire motor. Only did the schematics as I was bored. :D
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Purge valve was an emissions job. It connected from memory to an air bleed on the fuel filter and opened once engine was hot and at constant revs like motorway cruise.i have nothing connected and it does not appear to have any side effects. As you say so much conflicting info about on google so I tried with nothing and ten years later still have nothing connected!

My reasoning at the time was why would you ever want to bleed air fron a recirculating system anyway? As the fuel goes through the rail and then the pressure relief valve and flows back to the tank. Air bleed on a loop like this would in my opinion mean pure fuel being bled into the air inlet causing a really rich ooverload.

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

G'day all. Well what an easy task with only 1 diagram instead of 2 tool work off. Thanks to David. Ian thanks for the info on purge I found it. unfortunately we have to use what ever the engine came with to get reg. saving grace is no cats from factory. Keep watching if you see where I may be headed the wrong way with any of the rover stuff let me know. Always welcome advice.

DaveEFI
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DaveEFI »

The diagram is actually a standard CAD file. If anyone would like that so they can add to it or modify for their own use - or a PDF so it can be resized without loss of quality - PM me with an email address.
Dave
London SW
Rover SD1 VDP EFI
MegaSquirt2 V3
EDIS8
Tech Edge 2Y

roverv8bay

Post by roverv8bay »

G'day Dave. What can I say. the info was very useful. Thanks for your time.
I often sit back after reading these post & think what a great community the car people share. To be able to communicate what I need to so many diverse people around the world. To everyone out there thanks for being Car hobbyists & sharing your knowledge.
Ernie

roverv8bay

Re: mid mount roverv8 4x4 kombi

Post by roverv8bay »

Good day all. I have been busy sorting all the little jobs. relocating the brake booster master cylinder & clutch master cylinder. Also had the final machining on the rear tailshaft. How can i post pics now Photobucket really did the job on our shareing.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”