Ford 4.6 Modular V8 into a MK3 Capri

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dom1988

Ford 4.6 Modular V8 into a MK3 Capri

Post by dom1988 »

Hi Guys,

I've just bought a 4.6 V8 to go into my Capri but there are a couple of things I'd like to sort out first.

There is an enormous amount of piping and wiring, partly I guess due to emission standards etc, anyone know what I can safely get rid of? I like engine to have a clean and simple look.

and more importantly Gearboxes. What will fit straight on and what can be relatively easily modified to fit? Do they have the same bolt pattern as the earlier 302s?

Cheers

Mark
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by Mark »

I can't answer most of your questions but the bellhousing pattens are different compared to 302.

I fitted a modular T56 to a 302 and had loads of messing about with the bellhousing to get it to fit :(

302 V8 Sierra 5 door sleeper under way

GOOSEBOY

4.6 into capri

Post by GOOSEBOY »

the 4.6 will go in easy enough but here's the kicker: its fords blooper reel of a v8. you need to chuck a boat load of cash at it to make it perform like it should. but heres the good news the new coyote 5.0 v8 (2011+) mustang was designed on the 4.6 engine mounts. only the wiring loom is different to make it run. majority of these are 6 speed and your 5 speed wont fit and the 6 speed will need tunnel mods to fit.

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”