Mk1 Mr2 V8 project

Post any info regarding parts for conversion and swaps.
and any posts regarding swaps help.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Woodsport

Post by Woodsport »

Yes the TVR system was great for Youtube but not so great sitting in the cabin :D

Woodsport

Post by Woodsport »

Today saw more exhaust work, making this R8 system exit out the back of the car has been tricky to say the least, but it's finally done. Jay and Phillis were on hand to help me align the quad pipes, it was a right nightmare getting them all in line as i needed to make double sweeping bends to get from the silencer outlets to the bumper, a total of three 90* bends and two 45* bends per tailpipe.

Work started by taking the outlets down to the old boot floor, and adding flanges to them, these flanges allow the tail sections to be separate and changed in future if needed.

From these flanges i made the tail sections...

With the whole lot fitted it looks like this...

Almost mm perfect alignment, made possible by Phil and Jay using a pen to get the gaps between the tails and a Costa coffee stirring stick to get them level! I wanted to sight it all up but they insisted on using their patented Pen Alignment Nano Technology System, or PANTS! as it's known, couldn't have done it without them so thankyou chaps.

With the system fabricated i removed it all for seam welding, i only got as far as seaming the tailpipes but here is the rejigged R8 silencer just before welding...

So as soon as the system is fully welded i'll get to hear what she sounds like.

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

That is one mother of a silencer!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

Woodsport

Post by Woodsport »

Hi Chris, yep it does everything on the R8 that a full front engined system would do, only difference is a front engined car gets the whole length of the car for various silencers and Cats, the R8 needs to pack it all into a 2ft space, which is great news for me.

Woodsport

Post by Woodsport »

Finally got the R8 exhaust system fully welded up and fitted today, she sounds much much better than the old TVR silencer, nice and quiet at idle but still with a nice bellow when revved, looking forward to hearing it under load now.

preey

Re: Mk1 Mr2 V8 project

Post by preey »

Hi every one does any one no the history of this car ?
i was told it was up 4 sale and still is but i can not find the seller ive drawn a blank on contact info any help would be good
many thanks preey

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

Holy zombie thread resurrection batman!

Have you actually tried calling Woodsport, you know, the guys who built it?!

Three seconds on google would have sorted you out.
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Return to “Engine Swaps And Conversions Area”