First dyno test of the new 3.9 modified engine !

For V8 Forum Members only, Please list rolling road & dyno posts in here please

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

First dyno test of the new 3.9 modified engine !

Post by mgbv8 »

I've had this on track for test runs and data logging. nitrous all disconnected though :) Dont want to be tempted just yet.

Long story short:
7 runs at the pod faffing around with the AFR logging etc. Nothing fantastic for the car though. Low 12's and high 11's. AFR rich at low mid 10's with 6psi of boost. Tried more boost and got slower with AFR dropping to 9.8 at worst. (I've covered these details in my carb thread)

Best run of the day was 11.2 with 6-7 psi and timing advanced by 2 degree's from the old setting of 19 btdc. Ran out of time and went home.

But yesterday I got the dyno to myself so I could play. I did a run on the settings exactly as it was 2 months ago for the 11.2 pass.
The dyno reading was 361 engine hp.

Then I put the timing back to where it should be at 24 btdc and she pulled 402hp with 490 ft/lbs. AFR still crap at 10.2 but I can work on that now I have some data.

I'm sort of hoping that the extra 40hp would have been enough to drop that 11.2 to a flat 11 or better if I had adjusted the timing and run again before the track closed?

So January and Febs track time will be all about getting the fuelling right on the low boost setting and see how she does. I'm not sure how much power may be lost due to the over fuelling as it sits now. The low torque figures are not what I'm used to on nitrous, but I can live with that if it runs ok on track.

Now I have to wait at least 6 weeks before I can do any more testing :(

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

Return to “Rolling Roads And Dyno's”