SP Retro Show, new PB

Please use This Area For Telling Us About Your 1/4 Mile Times ONLY, Any Non Related Postings Will Be DELETED By Me Or Moderators!!!

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

topcatcustom
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

SP Retro Show, new PB

Post by topcatcustom »

First time ran at the Pod, the surface is just incredible and don't mind paying £25 to use it one bit! Ran a 13.4 at 113 on first run, slower on second due to blowing a head gasket but never mind- still happy :D

TC

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

What head gaskets are you running Tom? We ended up going to copper with o-rings in the end. Bit of a bother getting them cut though.

Alan

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

I've just asked Ferriday for a price on copper gaskets. Looks like the may be 200 notes each ???

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Perry,
nice bit of soft bit of copper hot watertank (used, so it has enealed at 85deg C for 20 years) and a set of leather punches and a piece of MDF then I'll lend you my trapanning tool (£7 from the local hardware shop) and a couple of evenings work, jod done, or better still get RalphH to run a couple up on his waterjet.
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

bigaldart
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by bigaldart »

Hi,

If anyone intends getting any cut, let me have a price and I will order some as well, maybe get a whole sheet discount or something.

Cheers

Alan

Return to “1/4 Mile Times”