I only gone and done it!

Please use This Area For Telling Us About Your 1/4 Mile Times ONLY, Any Non Related Postings Will Be DELETED By Me Or Moderators!!!

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

I only gone and done it!

Post by dbv8 »

10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Well done a good weekend then? was there much dancing in the pits?
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

Ian Anderson
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Ian Anderson »

Very good
Now you'll have to update your signature

Ian
Owner of an "On the Road" GT40 Replica by DAX powered by 3.9Hotwre Efi, worked over by DJ Motors. EFi Working but still does some kangaroo at low revs (Damn the speed limits) In to paint shop 18/03/08.

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

Ian Anderson wrote:Very good
Now you'll have to update your signature

Ian
Done :D
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

Del is IN DA HOUSE!!

Well done mate.... 8) 8)

I bet you feel elated and also a bit relieved??

Elated because you have done it at last, and also relieved because the pressure is off a bit now eh :wink:

And all the pressure you have felt comes only from yourself doesnt it??

Now its time to wallow in your own glory for a little while mate !! You deserve it :)

Running 10's is a big deal...

Big Respect
Pel

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

Now looking for 8 seconds with a SBC engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVscbPHgue0&list=UUqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

Cheers Pel.
I am still on cloud 9 somewhat. The other part of me knows that i can still improve. Just need to get those driveshafts so i have the confidence to launch harder. I only ran 1.71 to 60 foot and i know its possible to dip into 1.5's in a TVR on the same tyres. So i hope to get close to the 10.62 that the LS powered TVR Cerbera has managed. Number 1 spot on the TVR hall of fame is calling :D
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Del
Well done again. . . . "Number 1 spot on the TVR hall of fame is calling
" if it is of any help there is a ford 460 on eurodragster for £250 for rebuild, add a few £k and a strong transmission and that that would get the Trevor into the 9s :lol: :twisted: :lol: you may have to toughen up the back axel a bit though. . . .
Best regards
Mike

:chase
poppet valves rule!

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

I would love to build a proper TVR track slag some day. Put an LS in there with loads of gas and a multi link live axle.

But with this car i am sticking to the plan of keeping it it relatively standard, able to drive to and from events with good mpg, do the odd track day etc but be able to push for the fastest TVR on the strip in the country. So 10.94 - 10.62 = 0.32 to find. I am sure i can get my 60 foot down by 1.5 with decent driveshafts to rely on so with a little extra gas maybe job done :evil:
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

kiwicar
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by kiwicar »

Hi Del
I think I have heard that before. . . :D it is how it all starts, just a little more gas. . .you know you want to. . . I can handle it! it won't control me no my precious Smeagol knows best :lol: :lol:
Best regards
Mike
poppet valves rule!

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

:lol:
I should know better as ive been there, done that. A few times.

My 4.6 is top hatted, has ARPs but is running cast pistons. They are the more desireable 4.0s without cutouts but i would feel a lot more confident with a forged set in there.

With the aid of MS2 and a few induction upgrades i have around 330bhp NA. To run the 10.94 on Sunday i used 100 shot at full throttle and a 70 shot on a push button in 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears. I also had a further 12.5 dry shot that i forgot to press :roll:
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

If your rear end can handle it and you get good grip you will get the 60 foot way down Del. I'm punching the MG hard off the line and 60 foots are now in the 1.3's !!

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg3avnsNKrc&index=2&list=FLqIlXfSAoiZ--GyG4tfRrjw

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

My rear end? Ooh matron :lol:

That Cerbera has run 1.57 on the same tyres with very similar suspension to myself. I dont think the IRS and TVR chassis will give much better than that really.
Still a 1.4 second improvement to 60 foot will be a big improvement for me anyway and will put me very close to that 10.6
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

mgbv8
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by mgbv8 »

If you get your 60 foot down by 0.2 of a second to get into the 1.5's and the car doesnt do anymore than it just did you could possibly keep that 0.2 for the big end and run a 10.7 without any drama's?

You say your adding the extra 75 shot on a button for 2nd 3rd and 4th?

Are you manually activating after each gear shift?

If so then you can possibly save a 10th right there if you use the button to activate a latching relay when you shift to 2nd and then let a throttle micro switch do the work for 3rd and 4th gears as the pedal hits the metal?

I know it sounds a bit stupid. But you are chasing 100ths of a second now Del. If the delay between your pedal hitting the floor and you activating the button is just 300th's of a second you are losing valuable time off the full spray? I know when racing that you will be thinking about not activating until the clutch is out and the throttle is back wide open. And thats when you push the button I guess? Do you think you are that quick on the draw cowboy ? :)

An extra micro switch, some basic wiring and a relay would knock out any human error on the nitrous activation for those last 3 gears.

Again! I know it sounds silly but its the difference between spraying a 100 shot for a 10th of a second and a 175 shot for a 10th of a second or so ?

Every little helps from now on Del 8)

Perry Stephenson

MGB GT + Rover V8

9.62 @ 137.37mph

dbv8
Knows His Stuff
Knows His Stuff

Post by dbv8 »

I see what you are saying.... i think.
With a manual gearbox its a bit tricky.

I am sure my left foot and right thumb work in unison as i stab the clutch and come off the button but like your idea.
Maybe i could still have the button as i dont want it operated in 1st, just the rest of the run. Maybe i could wire through a microswitch off the clutch pedal so it cuts if i step on that and also through the WOT switch also. Then i have the choice of whether to keep my thumb on the button or not.

I need the options as i run in a bracket class also and am not all out on every race i am in if you see what i mean
10.612 @ 129.77
176.5 standing mile.

Return to “1/4 Mile Times”