Mrs Gelmonkey

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Mrs Gelmonkey

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi All
With my car all but sorted I now have time to start on Mrs G's car.
1978 Cavalier Coupe but this time completely standard on the outside with a 3.6 motor on the inside.

I built the motor about 15yrs ago for a mate and we saw 220bhp on the dyno so it will do the job nicely.
He gave up the whole car scene and gave me the engine for all the help I had given him in the past which was a real result.

Needs a really good clean up and re paint but apart from that little needs doing to it.
The engine bay will end up being an almost identical copy to what I have in my car but there is a lot of work to do first.

It turns over sweet as a nut so will probably not do anything apart from change the inlet manifold and carb and a bit of tidying.
Have pulled the motor out and is now ready to sit on the engine stand

Will keep the pics coming as work progress's.

cheers
Paul

bones
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by bones »

his and her motors, :D . another boy racer destroyer, cool. :D rich

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi Rich
Mrs G does have the normal throttle problems,it's either on full or off completely so it should be good fun at the traffic light Gran Prix.
She is a spirited driver to say the least :lol:
Cheers
P

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

Was expecting to see Mrs. Gelmonkey in her negligee on the bonnet of your motor :lol:

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

ChrisJC wrote:Was expecting to see Mrs. Gelmonkey in her negligee on the bonnet of your motor :lol:

Chris.
Really? Well, that could be arranged but I won't be held responsible for the loss of eyesight, sudden onset of madness, or the copious amounts of vomit spewed by all that see it.

signed

Mrs Gel Monkey (who is not actually a gel monkey at all, just a mere woman. :wink: )

*passes laptop back to himself and runs away --------> really fast!*

Cavman
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Cavman »

looks awesome although I would say that :wink: I'm obviously looking forward to seeing this one evolve, and cant wait for the day when two near identical cars with near identical motors sit side by side :D :D her paints a LOT shinier than mine though. jealous, much? moi? never....... :lol:
I wish I had a pound for every time some one told me "My Dad had one of those!"

'78 Cavalier Coupe GLS 2000

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Unfortunately the paint on Mrs G's car is shat.
It has loads of micro blisters all over it but that I can sort out a bit further down the line.
The first priority is to just check the motor over even though it turns sweet I would rather check and be safe.
I have almost all the bits I need to just plough on with this so am hoping it will take less then the 12yrs for the last build :lol:

Cheers
P

ChrisJC
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by ChrisJC »

gelmonkey wrote:
ChrisJC wrote:Was expecting to see Mrs. Gelmonkey in her negligee on the bonnet of your motor :lol:

Chris.
Really? Well, that could be arranged but I won't be held responsible for the loss of eyesight, sudden onset of madness, or the copious amounts of vomit spewed by all that see it.

signed

Mrs Gel Monkey (who is not actually a gel monkey at all, just a mere woman. :wink: )

*passes laptop back to himself and runs away --------> really fast!*
I can't believe that. Mr. Gelmonkey is clearly a man of good taste as far as mechanical things goes, so one presumes that extends to his good lady!

Chris.
--
Series IIA 4.6 V8
R/R P38 4.6 V8
R/R L405 4.4 SDV8

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Chris
We obviously went to very different charm schools.

I suffer the voluntary tourettes syndrome whilst you clearly don't.
I will not complain though as most every night the man cave calls and I'm off out there like a rocket with never so much as a grumble.

How lucky is that?
She really is quite fit as well but don't tell her ok :lol:

cheers
P

Return to “Your Garage Scene”