V8 Scimitar project

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

V6GTE

V8 Scimitar project

Post by V6GTE »

I hope the pics download ok. This is my Relaint Scimitar SE6a which appeared in Practical Performance Car magazine a couple of months ago. They suggested in the feature 'For God's sake shove a V8 in it'...... so I am doing. Just awaiting delivery of my Engine and then its onto building a bit of an animal. I know I am not the first and doubt I'll be the last which is great cos Im going to need all the help I can get! Never done anything like this before. :shock:

Car is currently sitting in the garage with a vacant engine bay and all the bits are for sale on Ebay to go towards funding the build. Have decided that with the paint being microblistered on the wings, I may as well whip the body off and get that sorted at the same time.

Is it normal for a project to be more work than originally conceived? Daft question really!!

Would love to hear from other V8 Scimitar owners.

V8 Scimitar GTE! well......... it soon will be

katanaman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by katanaman »

Yes it always takes four times as long and costs three times as much.

V6GTE

Post by V6GTE »

Thats very reassuring Marki :D
I don't mind it costing me loads or taking ages. Got nothing else to do. :lol:

V6GTE

Post by V6GTE »

I am so excited, my engine arrives this weekend! This means I can get on with the build. I just hope you guys wont get fed up with me asking daft questions in the Tech forums!! Will be taking more pics over the weekend as the stripdown continues, body off next then its chassis off to the blasters and powder coaters ready for a ground up build! Yipee!

JC.
Getting There
Getting There

Post by JC. »

Looks lovely.
Ive always fancied a black SE6a

So many cars to buy, so little time / money! :lol:
Image -JC.

Return to “Your Garage Scene”