My SD1

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by sidecar »

gelmonkey wrote: Can I just point out that it looks like your timing is out by about 180 degrees and would get someone to check that for you

P :lol:
Well spotted, you are right it was out by 180 degrees but only for half a revolution of the crank. :D

Muscle-Manta
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by Muscle-Manta »

Welcome Back Paul!.... as Pete says it was only half a revolution out. Now that's not bad. The whole engine was in bits for Christ sake!!!

Now get that NOS connected you pussy :lol:

gelmonkey
Sergeant Monkey Face

Post by gelmonkey »

Hi guys
could not resist a little micky take especially as Muscle Manta told me about the slight indiscretion.
However I cannot say too much about timing as in the past (not now)mine was so far out it was back in the sixties man!
Really nice looking car Paul shame about the driver :lol:

With regard to me being a pussy just remember Mr that you want me to do some work for you on your Airfix kit later on in the year and that could end up going SO WRONG for you :lol:

Take care all and will try to check in again soon work permitting (off to the South of France again next week and then further afield shortly after that)
It's a tough job but someones gotta do it right?

cheers
P

sidecar
Top Dog
Top Dog

Post by sidecar »

Just an update with regards to the standard fuel pump, Paul and I ran a test by running the pump for 30 seconds into a container at the carb end of the fuel line. The results were very suprising! The pump delivered about 900cc of fuel which is 1800cc per minute. That is enough fuel to make around 380 BHP/minute so even with a generous safety margin thrown in the pump is good enough for the 4.6 lump which I reckon with the standard iron exhaust manifolds (port matched to the heads) will make around 285BHP.

I don't know whether all carb'd SD1 engines run the pump that's in this car but this pump is certainly good enough for this setup! :)

Return to “Your Garage Scene”