3.9 RV8 Twin Turbo MGB - Updated 10th March '09

Please post current V8 projects IN BUILD NOW in here, Any non relavent posts will be removed,

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

I'm a bit behind at the moment. The plenum design is stressing me out a bit as I've not had time to complete my templates and get them sent off.

Gotta rewire the whole car, I've done the lights etc but not engine/gauges/ECU - and the fuse/relay box. Quite pricey for all the bits I need and I'm skint at the moment :(

Plus there's a snag list the length of my arm. Damaged one of the brake lines the other day (copper) so that needs replacing. Haven't even sorted the tyres yet!

rampant racing

Post by rampant racing »

any more progress on this build lately?

chodjinn
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by chodjinn »

No, it's been 2 yrs since I worked on the car now. Unfortunately I've spent 6 months trying to remortgage my house and buy my housemate out, got to the last hurdle then the valuation was lower than expected and I need another 5k to sort it. Which means I either need to sell the MG to pay for it, or sell the house, which means i lose the MG storage and need to sell anyway.

Don't know what to do at the moment. It's like 90% complete now. :cry:

But on that note I'm far from a defeatist, and so onwards with the project methinks!
RIP MGB V8 .... served me well as a learning curve.

R32 Skyline V8 .... this one is gonna be a monster!

Return to “Your Garage Scene”