Another Race Track Closes

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Another Race Track Closes

Post by Coops »

The news us drag racers was dreading was finally announced today after an agonising wait, that the closure of Shakespeare County Raceway is now confirmed as its land has finally been sold for a housing development,
I grew up at SKRW (known as Long Marston Raceway back in the day) i first learnt how to drive a car there at 12years old, and at the age of 14 was driving the top end firecrew around which lead me onto having a go at drag racing myself behind the wheel,
I have many fond memories of the track, AND made many many friends there,
With the news that North Weald has had its license removed and no more drag racing will be happening there either where does that leave drag racing in the UK as a whole?
the pod is going to be rammed now, even more so at the RWYB events, York raceway if I'm correct is still closed at the moment undergoing repairs???, A new venue at Rockingham Raceway has held its first no prep 1/8th mile meeting over the bank holiday weekend which looked to be getting impressive response, fingers crossed other venues can come along and take the strain off the main tracks we currently have,

download/file.php?mode=view&id=141
Picture Taken at SCRW
Attachments
Screenshot (2).png

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Re: Another Race Track Closes

Post by stevieturbo »

It really makes me f***** angry seeing this happening to motorsport in the UK. All so some fat stinking fuckers can line their pockets building more houses we dont bloody need !!

There's no housing crisis here, but there is absolutely a people crisis with too many people ! and too many whinging fuckers complaining about motorsport, a huge part of the UK's heritage and something it is very good at, sport which brings people and community together and keeps kids off the streets...but nope, none of that matters to them.

And North Weald is also the target of attacks too ( and of course York, but there's maybe a glimmer of hope there ? )
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Coops »

Weald has closed mate no more drag racing allowed there ,

pisses me off, oh well UK Street Outlaws it is then lol
Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

stevieturbo
Forum Contributor
Forum Contributor

Post by stevieturbo »

Hopefully some of those who forced the closures will get killed by some street racing !

Every single person involved with the closures needs publicly named and shamed and their lives made a misery.
9.85 @ 144.75mph
202mph standing mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgWRCDtiTQ0

blueraider

Post by blueraider »

Sad news indeed.

Return to “General Chat Area”