Niggling Vibration/resonating noise

Day To Day Chat Area, So Forum Topic's Don't Get Spammed Up.

Moderator: phpBB2 - Administrators

Coops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Niggling Vibration/resonating noise

Post by Coops »

Well for nearly two years now we've had a very annoying noise/vibration in our Navara truck,
anything from 1500-2100rpm on acceleration or cruising this noise appeared on the passengers area of the cab,
I have driven around with glove box removed, dash out which isn't a 5 min job to do mind you,
air bag and holder in dash removed, passengers seat removed, side steps/running boards off, door card and pillar trim removed,
even the rear seats and trim out.
even to the point of removing the front wings and bonnet to eliminate those as i was at the end of my teather,
Been to Nissan 4 times and nothing was ever found,
So i was talking to a guy wednesday night on facebook and in conversation we got onto navaras i said ive got one thats driving me insane, he laughed and said the dreaded resonating vibration you cant find by any chance :shock: how the f**k did he know that, :lol: :lol:
He then told me its the cold air intake pipe from the air box that goes through the inner wing is where its touching, the airbox resonates at said rpm and vibrates through the shell, if you unbolt it from the wing and bend the bracket a little so it clears all will be fine,
rushed out into the snow right away ripped air box out to find the pipe was clear from the inner wing BUGGER !!!!
totally deflated started to reinstall the airbox,
BUT noticed on installing the air box stub back into the cold air intake pipe i noticed a polished area on the plastic intake pipe socket the stub sits in, flipped air box over and theres a foam isolating strip that sits around the airbox stub and seals between this cold air hose, is this the problem????
removed the rest of the foam and used what we had in the garage some rubberised self adhesive draft seal strip, and bugger me been quiet ever since,

so a piece of soddin foam about 10mm wide has driven me nearly insane for nearly 2yrs. :rofl :rofl

Regards Tony C (COOPS)
MS2 V3.57 Ecu mapable efi and wasted spark ignition.
Procharger D1SC supercharger and Cossie RS500 Intercooler @ 14psi of Boost. 416 RWHP, (boost leak)
Forged 4.8 V8 kitted out with the dogs Cajones of parts. :D
Sponsored by: www.v8performanceparts.co.uk, www.interpart.biz, www.caprisport.com & www.baileyperformance.co.uk

unstable load
Top Dog
Top Dog

Re: Niggling Vibration/resonating noise

Post by unstable load »

Wow, isn't it amazing how something seemingly so trivial can do so much to disturb an otherwise quiet ride?
Glad you found it.
Cheers,
John

Return to “General Chat Area”